Facts about Teeth
Trust your dentist more than Google.
1. Teeth are the hardest substance of your entire body. Enamel is a rock-hard mineral! Once damage is sustained, enamel cannot regrow or heal itself. Strengthen your enamel with toothpastes and mouthwashes, and eat plenty of foods containing calcium.
2. Teeth aren’t bones , despite the fact that they are both hard, white, and contain calcium. Unlike bones, teeth can’t heal themselves or grow back if they suffer damage.
3. Enamel protects the dentine beneath it, which is made from living cells and calcified tissue.
4. Teeth look yellow when the white enamel is worn down , causing it to become translucent. The weaker the enamel, the more the yellow of the dentine beneath colors the tooth. Another way your teeth lose their whiteness is through regular contact with substances that cause surface stains, such as coffee and tobacco. Whitening pastes have a higher abrasive quality which gently wears away surface stains.
5. Only two thirds of your teeth are visible . The rest is hidden inside your gum. Gums need just as much attention as teeth in your oral health care regime. Plaque left on teeth causes tooth decay. Don’t forgot to brush, floss and use mouthwash two to three times a day.
6. Flossing is important because it allows you to remove plaque from below the gum line, where a toothbrush can’t reach. Looking after your gums is important in preventing periodontal disease, which creates pockets around your teeth. This is just one way you can loose teeth by not brushing and flossing regularly.
7. Children’s teeth must be brushed as soon as the first tooth shows ! Parents can gently clean the tooth with a muslin cloth wrapped around the finger or with a very soft-bristled brush.
8.Taste is the weakest of the five senses.
9.There are 19 different types of smiles.
10.Dental checkups two times a year are vital for your health.
11.The second most common disease is tooth decay.
12.Smiling boosts your immune system.
13. A smile takes 5-53 muscles to smile.
14. There are 19 different types of smiles.
15. Trust your dentist more than Google.